The ESSO 39 Scientific Committee will award a number of fellowship grants to participants from emerging countries* to attend the Congress.
* Low income economies and low-middle income economies as per the classification of the World Bank.
To be considered for a fellowship grant, an applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of ESSO;
- Be under the age of 40;
- Submit an abstract for ESSO 39. Applicants whose abstracts have been accepted for oral or poster presentation will be considered first;
- Submit a letter explaining the benefits of attending ESSO 39;
- Provide a two-page CV (including date of birth and list of 5 publications);
- Provide a letter of support from the Head of the Department/Organisation stating that the applicant is not the recipient of any other financial support;
- Provide a copy of the submitted abstract;
The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 April 2019 (abstract submission deadline). Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
A maximum of 5 Travel Grants will be offered. Each travel grant will include:
• Reimbursement of 500 Euro for travel costs. If travel is less than 500 EUR, the remaining amount will be used to cover accommodation or registration to the Congress.
Travel grants will be paid at the onsite Registration desk upon submission of receipts and travel grant form.
No-show or the absence of a poster will lead to the cancellation of the grant.
Please send your application before the deadline to:
ESSO39 Congress Secretariat
The decision on the recipients of the travel grants lies at the sole discretion of the ESSO 39 Scientific Committee. Successful applicants will be notified following the abstract meeting of 2nd June 2019. Successful fellows will still be entitled to register at early rate until 2nd July.